On the 13th of this month, Google Partners replaced Agency Edge, Google Certification Program, and Engage for Agencies with an all in one integrated interface.
So what is Google Partners:
For those who have used the Agency interface, they’ll be familiar with the Adwords agency profile search and Certified Employ Management within the interface.For those who don’t , the Google Partners provide an interface from which you can manage the following:
- Your Google Partner profile; which include the data on certified employees, Niches that you expertise in, minimum and maximum budget that you can handle, the countries you deals and also a short description about the company along with the address.
- An integrated CRM that can be used to monitor leads, handle clients and also locate from where the users are coming in to visit your Partners profile.
- It also houses an in-built library of resource that is very useful while you are pitching new clients and also for learning too.
How to Get the Partners Status?
Its very easy, all you have to do is to fulfil 4 criteria:
- Spend $10k in past three months from your MCC.
- Have at least 1 certified employ in the company.
- Maintain quality of your account.
- Complete the profile ( this can be very tricky at times )
The first point stated in the list above is self explanatory, but the only issue with it can be that the $10K should be the collective amount spent by your clients in the MCC account ‘ONLY AFTER THEY HAVE LINKED TO YOU’ and not prior to that.
Yes, to be a Google Partner you need have only a single employ of the company that hold the certification from Google and that to any one of the Advanced ones. But since they have made the test free, its better to have as many employees as you can in your company that are certified, this will also make your profile look good.
The next requirement is the one where many of the organizations are failing at; maintaining quality can be tricky . To achieve the quality that is required by the Google has been classified in 4 categories, you’ll able to see them in your partners status tab.To improve these you don’t have to do anything fancy, but just follow these few steps:
The following measures have been recommended by other Googlers at the Partners Summit.
- Remove unnecessary account that is stagnant in nature and haven’t been active for long.
- Try to keep the display and the search campaigns away from each other.
- Use the location and device targeting as much as possible.
- Use multiple match types for the keywords and also maintain a proper ration of keywords:ads in an adgroup.
- Use negative keywords.
- Do have dedicated ads for mobile devices whenever required, don’t just let the generic ads to display everywhere.If the bid has been optimized for mobile device than do have mobile optimized ads too.
- Use extensions wherever you can.
- Monitor the account regularly and do make the changes on a regular basis, an updated account can drop the quality score of your account.
and yes, the most important part ” THE QUALITY SCORE OF THE KEYWORDS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE QUALITY SCORE OF THE MCC ACCOUNT”
I guess this will be all that would be needed to overcome the hurdle of the Google Partners,being 3 Partners account holder myself I don’t think too much is required to get the Badge.